We are hiring!
Clinical Program Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Clinical Program Manager is responsible for managing DCFNE’s criminal justice and forensics program. In addition, the Clinical Program Manager provides direct patient care and on-call response to victims of sexual assault, intimate partner violence and other violent crimes. The Clinical Program Manager may represent DCFNE in program-related collaborations, at community events, and at meetings as needed.
• Manage patient follow-up, including communication with patients regarding prescriptions, results of toxicology testing, and referrals for follow-up care
• Liaise with pharmacy partners regarding patient prescriptions
• Maintain inventory of clinical supplies, including Physical Evidence Recovery Kits
• Oversee transport and storage of all forensic evidence and toxicology samples
• Coordinate release of medical forensic records
• Coordinate destruction of Physical Evidence Recovery Kits, including patient notification
• Oversee quality improvement reviews of DCFNE patient charts
• Represent DCFNE in coalitions, project teams, and other meetings as needed
• Perform medical forensic examinations in a hospital and/or clinic setting
• Provide administrative on-call coverage
• Provide expert witness testimony in Civil Protection Order cases in the District of Columbia
• Other tasks as assigned
• Master of Science degree in nursing or a related field, preferred
• SANE-A Certification and active nursing license in the District of Columbia
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a forensic nurse
• Understanding of the dynamics of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and other types of violence preferred
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Able to work independently and exercise professional judgment
• Ability to relate to a diverse group of professionals and stakeholders
• Ability to travel in the Washington, DC metropolitan area by personal car or public transportation.
Pay and Benefits:
This full time position has an annual salary range of $70k-$75K with a full benefits package that includes employer sponsored healthcare, PTO and a flexible work environment.
Please send a resume or CV with a cover letter to Erin Pollitt at email@example.com.
Forensic Nurse Examiner
A DCFNE Forensic Nurse provides timely, non-judgmental, compassionate medical forensic care to individuals who have experienced sexual assault, intimate partner violence and other forms of violence. Forensic nurses work closely with victim/survivor advocates, law enforcement, criminal justice officials, and civil attorneys. Forensic nurses report to the Nurse Manager and work in collaboration with the Clinical Leadership Team.
All Forensic Nurses must:
• Be a Registered Nurse licensed in the District of Columbia
• Have a minimum of 12 months of work experience in an emergency department or other critical care area
• Complete 40 hours of didactic (classroom) training as specified by IAFN standards
• Complete clinical rotations and training per DCFNE guidelines and IAFN standards
• Have a valid Driver's License or government issued ID
• Be eligible to work in the United States
• Be willing to complete SANE-A certification within 2 years and CITI training as needed
• Be able to lift materials weighing up to 20 pounds
• Be able to type 40 words per minute
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a schedule of on-call and/or on-site shifts, including overnight, weekend, and holiday shifts
• Respond to MedStar Washington Hospital Center or any other DCFNE location within one (1) hour of being contacted for a patient exam
• Perform medical forensic exams on victims of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, elder abuse and other abuse, including:
Head-to-toe medical assessment for trauma
Detailed genital/anal examination
Forensic specimen collection and supportive documentation
Photo documentation of bodily and genital-anal injuries with competent documentation
• Administer prophylactic medications and emergency contraception
• Assess for mandatory reporting status and report when appropriate
• Maintain chain of custody and adhere to evidence guidelines
• Ensure patient/medial record confidentiality at all times (HIPAA)
• Maintain professional standards that do not create conflict of interests with employment or patient care
• Testify as fact witness to any/all cases performed while employed with DCFNE, even after no longer employed with DCFNE
• Attend monthly Peer Reviews and quarterly self-care activities
• Perform Quality Improvement (QI) evaluation on medical forensic charts, as directed by the Nurse Manager, with an on-site minimum of three (3) hours per quarter.
• Maintain expertise as a forensic nurse through continuing education, engagement with professional community, and review of current research and literature
• Other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager or Executive Director, including participation in community awareness and education events
This PRN position has a salary range of $30-$34 per hour
Please send a CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org